- Protective clothing such as boots, pants, jackets, gloves and helmets improve the drivers safety. Reflectors will help others to see motorcyclists better at night.
- The motorcyclist is entitled to use a complete lane the same as an automobile.
- When traveling behind a motorcycle a motorist must allow a following distance of at least 2 car lengths or apply the 4 second rule.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws & Statistics
According to the (GHSA) Governors Highway Safety Administration & the (IIHS) Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
47 States, D.C., Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands have Helmet Laws for motorcyclists
3 States, Illinois, Iowa, and New Hampshire Do NOT have Motorcycle Helmet Laws
Motorcycle Accident Statistics Resource Provided by Peter Ventura, Massachusetts
Motorcycle License Requirements
- The DMV can provide you with a Motorcycle Driver Handbook
- A "Written Test" and an"On-cycle Skills Test" are required for a license
- A "Motorcycle Safety Program Course" is highly recommended